Thursday, July 31, 2008

Another Reason Why I Love MIT...

If you know me in real life you probably know that I have this life-long obsession with MIT. It is the perfect college for me and in less than 10 months I'm going to know If I'm the adequate student for it. There's many reasons why I am amazed with this university and I am going to make a small list of them.

  1. The Hacks. If you know a little about MIT you'll know that hacks are weird but comical (in my opinion) pranks done by students (or hackers). They range from putting yellow cranks in funky places to making sure the school is prepared in case of a zombie attack (this was done by putting chainsaws where Fire Extinguishers were supposed to be) to going all the way to California and steal a cannon from CalTech.

  2. Even if the Princeton Review classified the MIT campus #13 on the least beautiful campus' list. I love the funky architecture that makes up MIT. This goes from old styles like the great dome to the awesome Stata center and Simmons Hall (dorm).




  3. The Diversity. While I was looking at some demographics of MIT I realized that there was an incredibly big diversity on campus more than I would find here in UPR Mayaguez. So I want to be part of that diversity because I want to have an arab/chinese/american/ german friend. :P
Those are mainly the reasons why I want to go to MIT but today I found a new reason why I should love MIT even more. What is it you ask me? It's the fact that they don't lie to you when they say something. I am saying this because and I quote the MIT website, "The 2009 freshman application will be available online and in a downloadable PDF format by the end of July. Please check back here at that time to access the downloadable PDF version of the application.". If other universities do this they usually would have posted the application on July 28,29,30 or in the early morning of July 30. But not MIT, when MIT says something it does it. It's 6:08 PM of July 31 and the application isn't out yet. I bet they even hired someone to push the buttonso the application can go live in 11:59:59 PM. It's nervewrecking for me (I've been up since the afternoon waiting fo it to be released.) but It just shows me that MIT keeps its word.

Edit: I also love MIT because the engineering programs are awesome. I'm planning to be a Mechanical Engineering or Course 2 (If I am not mistaken) major.

No comments: